Leather Lotion and Final dressing

Dblther

Leather Lotion and Final dressing

Postby Dblther » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi I couldn’t find a product description or usage for leather lotion and final dressing. Could you explain how they are to be used please? Thanks

jmurray2112
Site Admin

Re: Leather Lotion and Final dressing

Postby jmurray2112 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:32 pm

Ok, I'm going to address the easiest one first. Final dressing is a feel modifier. You wipe it on, and it gives a temporary silky feel to whatever it is applied to. It has conditioning value, but is non-resinated, meaning it offers no boost to chemical or wear-resistance, and wears off over time and use. Think of it as a way to make leather restorations (particularly nubuck or aniline conversions to a finished leather) feel a bit more like how they felt before the restoration process. It can be re-applied as many times as necessary by either the restorer, or the end user, but excessive application can present adhesion issues if further restoration or repair becomes necessary.
The Leather Lotion is a non-resinated conditioner based on a different chemical conditioner component. The conditioning component is based on a more traditional oil, rather than the silicone conditioner used in the ADV Leather Conditioner and Final dressing. The only current product currently offered for sale in this version is Mitt-Spit, even though Leather Lotion is in the catalog. It's a prototype, and I think that its addition to the latest edit of the product catalog may have been a bit premature. However, if you are interested in the product, let me know, and we can dialogue about it.