Chat feature added to the website

jmurray2112
Site Admin

Chat feature added to the website

Postby jmurray2112 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:44 pm

In the interest of trying to be more available to those who visit the website, we've added a chat widget. It should show up as a text bubble with the words "We are here" in the lower right corner of the screen of whatever device you are viewing it on if Kevin or I are logged in. If we aren't currently online to answer questions, it will be an envelope icon, which will allow users to email their questions. I haven't added it to the forum, as I assume those that log in to ask a question are willing to wait for an answer.
If Kevin, Yvonne, or I aren't able to answer our individual phones or the 800 line for some reason (most likely on another line), it will be another potential avenue for you to contact us if you have a time-sensitive question.
Try it out if you get a chance, and let us know what you think!
Thanks in advance,
Jason

jmurray2112
Site Admin

Re: Chat feature added to the website

Postby jmurray2112 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:18 pm

If you have previously visited the website before we installed the chat feature, a lot of browsers will serve you a cached copy of the pages you've been to, in the interest of loading faster. If you're on a page and can't see the chat widget, just hit F5. It will force a hard refresh, and it should show up. A lot of you probably know this, but it has come up, so there you go.