Economy Leather Cleaner from AdvLeather.com

KevinG

Economy Leather Cleaner from AdvLeather.com

Postby KevinG » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:21 am

I'm seeking feedback. As many of you know, Advanced Leather Solutions manufactures an excellent leather cleaner. It's a powerful, multidimensional product with lots of features built around a combination of surfactant and degreasing agent, all pH balanced for leather. We've always wanted to present the best leather cleaning product possible, however it creates a dilemma. To make the best requires the finest raw materials. This drives up our costs. We are considering creating an "economy" version of our cleaner that matches, if not exceeds, the functionality of other leather cleaners on the market. Our goal is to design a cleaner intended primarily for those who want to private label and/or remarket the product at a very competitive price. We can do this by eliminating the degreasing agent from the mix. This will reduce functionality to a degree. But, it will still be at least as functional as other leather cleaners on the market. It will eliminate the distinctive citrus odor, rendering a cleaner with no odor. We would continue to manufacture our existing leather cleaner as a premium brand for those who want the very best. But the idea is to also produce a low cost, yet effective version for those who want to build a product resale business along side your traditional service based business. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

jmurray2112
Site Admin

Re: Economy Leather Cleaner from AdvLeather.com

Postby jmurray2112 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:12 pm

To chime in from the technical side, the formulation is already in place, so it's not something that would that would take much time for us to add to the product line.
The elimination of the degreasing agent, while reducing effectiveness against specific issues like the removal of oils, grease, wax, or dye-transfer, does create a lower-risk (as well as lower cost) product for the end consumer. The economy version would be much less likely to create problems with compromised factory finishes (print-coat failure, top-coat failure, oil or chemically vulnerable).
I know quite a few of you just refer your customers to our website for maintenance products after repair and restoration. We thank you, and love you for it, but this is a viable additional revenue stream for you. You are the boots on the ground, and I remember how many customers of mine in my road-work days asked if I could provide them with care products going forward. We sold our products as an add-on to the in-home service, and appreciated the additional income. If you have questions about it, I'd definitely PM, call, or email Kevin to discuss it.

jmurray2112
Site Admin

Re: Economy Leather Cleaner from AdvLeather.com

Postby jmurray2112 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:18 pm

This product is now available.